Jaipur,Agra Ka petha is aforesaid to possess originated within the kitchens of Mughal emperor Emperor. It is a translucent soft candy from North Bharat. Usually rectangular or cylindrical, it is made of the ash gourd vegetable like pumpkin and winter-melon.There are some a lot of varieties in this most of the individuals supplemental some Kewra essence in pethe for flavour.
- 1 metric weight unit white pumpkin-large and arduous
- 2 tsp chemical lime
- 3/4 kg (3 cups) sugar
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp milk mixed with a pair of tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 green cardamoms peeled them and crushed them
- 1 tsp gulab jal
- Peel the pumpkin, remove The Seeds and the smooth, fibrous portion.
- Cut into large thick slices.
- Prick well with a fork all over.
- Dissolve 1 tsp of chemical lime in enough water to cowl the pumpkin items.
- Soak them in this water and wash well. Cut into cubes.
- Make lime water resolution with the remaining tsp of chemical lime.
- Soak the pumpkin pieces once a lot of within the freshly created lime water for two hours.
- Drain pieces and wash totally, squeezing out water and rinse once more thus that no trace of lime remains. Boil enough water to take within the pumpkin pieces, add the pieces to it and cook until soft and transparent.
- Meanwhile, fill 3 cups of water and the sugar in a very pan; place over low heat, stirring till sugar dissolves.Bring to a boil Add the lemon juice and therefore the cardamoms and cook till it reaches ‘one thread consistency.Skim off any foam that may collect on the perimeters of the pan.
- Keep the syrup heat.
- When the pumpkin items area unit roast, drain with a slotted spoon and transfer into the syrup.
- Simmer for a couple minutes, take off stove and add the rosewater and blend well.Cool and serve.
Halwa and sweet
It is available in north Bharat however its origin is from city.
In north you can die from any little or massive retailers.