Jaipur,Ghevar is a rajasthani sweet traditionally related to teej pageant. It is disc-shaped sweet cake made with general flour and soaked in syrup. There are several varieties of Ghevar, in which they are malai ghevar, plain ghevar. Ghevar traces it roots to Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan. In Rajasthan people love to have it.
Plain Ghevar , Mawa Ghevar , Malai Ghevar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup ghee, solidified
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp food colour, yellow
- 1 kilo drawn butter for deep sauteing
For the syrup :-
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp fine-grained cardamom
- 1 Tbsp cut almonds & pistachios
- 1 Tbsp milk in that 1/2 tsp saffron has been rubbed in silver foil
- Prepare sugar syrup of one thread consistency.
- Take solidified drawn butter in a massive wide bowl. Taking one ice cube at a time.Rub the ghee smartly. Take more ice cubes as needed, till drawn butter becomes terribly white.
- Add milk, flour and a cup of water. Mix to create sleek batter.
- Dissolve colour in some water and add this to the batter. Add more water if needed. Batter ought to be fairly skinny (it should run off simply once poured from a spoon).
- Take an metallic element or steel cylindrical instrumentality (do not use lid). The height should be a minimum of 12″ and diameter 5-6″. Fill the container 0.5 with drawn butter. Heat it.
- When the drawn butter is smoky hot, take a 50 metric capacity unit glass full of batter.Now,in center pour the ghee in one direction in threadlike stream. Allow foam to settle. Pour one more glass within the hole shaped in centre.
- When foam settles once more, loosen ghewar with an iron skewer inserted in hole. Lift rigorously, at a slant, and place on wire mesh to drain. Keep the hot syrup in an exceedingly wide flat round-bottom instrumentality to suit in ghevar.In a a syrup Dip ghevar, and excess sryup keep aside it on mesh to drain excess syrup.
- Alternatively, pour some syrup equally all over, keeping ghevar in a mesh placed over a container. Cool a little.
- pour a few drops of saffron milk, splash some chopped dry fruit and a few pinches of cardamom powder. One may additionally serve ghevar with rabri ready before.Serve
Fried and sugar sweetening primarily based.