Jaipur,Bengali sandesh.A sweet dish by the name sandesh is mentioned in medieval, including Krittibas Ramayana and lyrics of Chaitanya. However, the ingredients of this original dish are not apprehend. This dish was most likely totally different from the trendy chhena-based sandesh, being made of coagulated Kheer
It is hard to see once specifically did sandesh started referring primarily to the chhana-based sweet rather than the kheer-based sweet. But it is notable that by the half of the nineteenth century, sandesh commonly referred to the chhana-based sweet. The Portuguese influence may have diode to introduction of cheese (i.e. chhena) in sixteenth century.
- Full cream milk – 1 cubic decimeter
- Lemon – 2
- Powdered sugar – 1/3 cup (50 grams)
- Cardamom – 5
- Saffron – 20 to twenty five threads
- Pistachios – 10 to twelve
- Take milk in a vessel with heavy base and permit it to boil.
- When milk starts boiling, take it off flame and allow it cool alittle.
- Mix some water in lemon juice and once milk cools alittle, add lemon juice into it very little by little and keep stirring.
- When milk coagulates, milk and chena separates,now don’t add lemon Juice into it.
- Strain the chena with cloth and pour cold water over it thus that there’s no flavor of lemon in chena.
- Lift the artifact from all sides and press it gently so excess water drains out. Chena for making sandesh is currently prepared.
- Take it out in a plate and mash the chena for five to six minutes until swish.
- Crush cardamom to make powder. Thinly chop pistachios.